Hypomanic- Mad in England Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: January 2009
File Size: 1155 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Hypomanic is one person’s vivid account of how they became aware of the existence of Hypomania through excessive study & the experimentation of recreational drugs inside a hedonistic orientated work life balance. As with many misery memoirs, the protagonist has to be destroyed before finding redemption and therefore unveiling the insights to successfully overcoming the adversity. In this case, which is pre-diagnosis of bipolar by almost eighteen months, the book will demonstrate the full anatomy of a nervous breakdown from a holistic point of view and across a wide range of issues. It is written in the first person as a diary account of what happened to the author age 22 while at University and why he thinks it happened, looking back at 1995, fifteen years post event and with a diagnosis of bipolar. There are also detailed accounts of what roles close friends and family members played during the downfall and subsequent comeback of the main character. It is not a self help book per se, it belongs among the story section because this book enthrals as much as it educates. It is a message to healthy young people with hedonistic outlooks, their friends and their families. It is a classic clinical scenario of exactly what happens to everyone involved with a stress induced Hypomanic episode and therefore how to avoid the experience before it happens or prepare for coping with it, if a diagnosis of bipolar has already occurred.
About the Author
Born in Bradford West Yorkshire, a qualified Information Designer he has worked successfully as an Art Director within London Advertising Agencies for over ten years, generating online solutions for many distinguished global brands. He was diagnosed with Bipolar affective disorder in 1996 after returning to University to complete the degree interrupted by the initial nervous breakdown. Between February 1995 and March 2000 he has suffered five hospitalisations in Cumbrian psychiatric wards, one of which was a twenty eight day section under the mental health act. After losing half a decade and causing immeasurable pain to his family, he took the decision not to be defeated by the illness or the stigma he felt was causing his life to stall. He decided return to anonymity in London where he could focus on his mental well-being, kick-start his career in Advertising and most of all to write Hypomanic. Since March 2000 he has not been hospitalised a single time, although he has coped with numerous relapses and further Hypomanic episodes by using NHS crisis teams and Haloperidol PRN to get through the tougher times. He has been an active member of Islington MDF group since 2001 and has studied his illness to develop coping mechanisms which do not involve medication. However, he is an advocate of Lithium and continues with the mood stabiliser under the proverb, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” This strategy above all has given him half a decade of quality life, which he may not have had without psychiatrists finding a therapeutic level suitable to his biological makeup.
“This is a memoir I’ve wanted to write since 1997 and now I feel there is enough distance between me, the event and the high emotions to do it justice. It is my account of living with a controlled, but ultimately incurable mental illness, which if read, may help someone else that is seeking to better understand and cope with the frustrating road to wellness. I’ve found in my personal journey that it’s really nice to read something that makes you feel less alone. "
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.15. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.