I Gotta Have A Bottom Bunk, Doc! Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Dr. Milo Farnham attended Graceland College in Lamoni, Iowa, in Pre-Medicine, from 1949 to 1951. He then attended The University of Kansas, in Lawrence, Kansas, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Education in 1953. He married, and continued taking graduate classes in Spanish at K.U. for a semester. He enlisted in the U.S. Air Force in February, 1954, went to Officer Candidate School at Lackland AFB, and after Intelligence School, served as a Squadron Intelligence Officer at Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage, Alaska, until January, 1958.
While in the USAF, he was accepted in Medical School at the State University of Iowa at Iowa City, Iowa, and completed second semester Pre-Medicine classes in Physics, Zoology, and Organic Chemistry in the spring of 1958 at SUI, and took Vertebrate Embryology in the summer, and started Medical School in the fall, graduating with an M.D. in 1962. He had been inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honorary Scholarship Society. He did a Rotating Internship at Kansas City General Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri, for a year, and then took a Residency in Internal Medicine at University Hospitals in Iowa City from 1963-1966. He practiced in his specialty for the next 30 years in Independence, Missouri, retiring in September, 1996, on a Friday.
He immediately began working as the Medical Director of the Boonville Correctional Center (a penitentiary primarily for young Offenders) in Boonville, MO, the following Monday, staying there the following six years. While there, he wrote some 500 stories of Offenders visits to him as their physician. He was asked to transfer as the Medical Director at the Western Missouri Correctional Center in Cameron, MO, where he was also in charge of another physician and a Nurse Practitioner. WMCC is a “medical camp” to where long-term adult prisoners with significant medical problems were often transferred. He continued there for another 10 1/2 years, retiring finally at age 80 on January 1, 2013.
During his fifty years as a physician, and before, he has been active as a lay minister in the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, headquartered in Independence, Missouri, and served as Pastor of the Iowa City Congregation during his residency, and in various capacities in Independence, Missouri, as well. He sang in the Anchorage Community Chorus, and has sung in church choirs and has played the piano and organ for church services and activities. He has been a pilot since 1955, in Ham Radio since 1976, has been active in a variety of positions in Boy Scouting (including obtaining physicians and nurses to volunteer at Scout Camp), and has been on several hospital staffs and has served on a number of hospital committees. When federal health care was scarce, he organized church physicians to spend a week each at the Santee Sioux Reservation in Nebraska, for a year. He has been a member of the health team of the church to Honduras after Hurricane Fifi, and several times since. He has been an FAA Aviation Medical Examiner, examining pilots for their periodic physicals to fly, since 1980, and continues doing this service in his home office, assisted by his wife, who is an R.N., now also retired.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.90. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.