Identifying and Supporting Children with Specific Learning Difficulties Ebook
Looking Beyond the Label to Support the Whole Child
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Many children experience difficulties which impact on their learning at home and school. Some have a specific learning difficulty, for example, dyslexia or dyspraxia, but others quite often display learning difficulties associated with more than one specific ‘condition’. If teachers are to be able to support the diverse needs of children, they must have a repertoire of appropriate strategies to ensure a positive learning and teaching experience.
This informative book will provide a broad knowledge base from which platform teachers can formulate planning and teaching strategies to facilitate their work in an inclusive environment. The authors comprehensively examine ways in which to:
- pinpoint the overlap of difficulties within different named ‘special needs’ conditions and highlight ways in which children can be helped as a group, thus reducing the burden of planning and differentiation
- consider the process of assessment
- explain the implications of the children’s difficulties
- list tried and tested strategies to help the children and the teachers cope
- show how ongoing research into children’s difficulties is advising new ways of confronting their problems
Teachers at nursery and primary level, SEN co-ordinators and student teachers should all find this a refreshingly accessible and practical book, which takes a uniquely holistic angle on inclusive education.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $40.45. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.