If It's Purple, Someone's Gonna Die: The Power of Color in Visual Storytelling Ebook
Publication Date: May 2005
File Size: 2422 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Relevant and enlightening for film buffs and filmmakers alike, this unique book is already generating buzz among top Hollywood filmmakers. Color can be an incredibly powerful tool for filmmakers, yet many don’t know how to maximize the effect it has on audiences: it can influence how audiences feel, act, and react and be used to further plot, character, and scene development. If it’s Purple is based on Patti Bellantoni’s groundbreaking color seminar at the American Film Institute, in which she teaches how to stop analyzing and thinking about color and start feeling it instead. Full-color film stills and gorgeous illustrations make this book as appealing to look at as it is to read. Conversations with the author’s colleagues—including award-winning filmmakers Henry Bumstead (Unforgiven), Wynn Thomas (Malcolm X), Roger Deakins (The Shawshank Redemption), and Edward Lachman (Far From Heaven)—reveal how color can be used to communicate what is
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $38.15. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.