Impinging-Stream Reactors: Fundamentals and Applications Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Impinging streams is a unique and multipurpose configuration of a two-phase suspension for intensifying transfer processes in heterogeneous systems, viz. gas-solid, gas-liquid, solid-liquid and liquid-liquid. The essence of the method lies in the collision which results from bringing two streams of a suspension flowing on the same axis in opposite directions. Following the impact of the streams, a relatively narrow zone is created, which offers excellent conditions for enhancing the heat and mass transfer between the phases in the suspension.
The following processes are considered in the light of the method of impinging streams: drying of particles, solid-solid and gas-gas mixing, absorption and desorption of gases from liquids, combustion of gas and coal, calcination of phosphate, creation of emulsions, liquid-liquid extraction, dissolution of solids, ion exchange, dust collection and granulation as well as evaporative cooling of air. Additional aspects considered in the book are: power input in performing the above processes, heat and mass transfer coefficient and its correlation, mixing properties of impinging stream reactors, residence time of the particles in the reactors, scale-up of impinging-stream reactors with respect to pressure, drop, hold-up and mean residence time of the particles as well as the heat transfer.
The aim of the book is to review the state-of-the-art in the field of impinging streams, to present results of theoretical and experimental research, and to stimulate research and industrial application of the method so that reactors employing impinging streams will become a common tool in chemical engineering and other disciplines of engineering. The major conclusion of this work is that almost any process in chemical engineering can be conducted by impinging streams, resulting in higher efficiency and less power input in comparison with conventional methods.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $379.75. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.