In Black & White: 125 Moments That Made Collingwood Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
To celebrate the 125th anniversary of the Collingwood Football Club, this is the story of the Magpies – moment by moment, year by year.
Remarkably quickly after its inception in 1892, Collingwood became the powerhouse club of the competition. Soon it was developing fierce rivalries on the field and establishing itself as the nation’s leading sporting organisation off it – a position it has never relinquished. In Black & White tells the story of this fabled club, through the good years and the bad.
From the Magpies’ historic first match – fittingly, against Carlton – all the way through to the newly established women’s team, In Black & White relives the highs and lows of footy’s greatest club: the dominant ‘Machine’ sides of 1927-30, the devastating boardroom battles, the agonising ‘Colliwobbles’ era, the exhilarating 1990 flag, the revolutionary coaching succession plan, and many more.
This is the story of Collingwood- the biggest, most loathed but also most loved football club in Australia.
Michael Roberts is a journalist and author who has written or edited more than a dozen books, most on Australian football. He is the official historian for the Collingwood Football Club, president of the Australian Football Heritage Group and co-owner of media and content company Media Giants. He always wanted to play for the Magpies but strict VFL zoning rules and a lack of talent made it impossible. He still has his childhood Collingwood jumper and autographed copy of Peter McKenna’s My World of Football . Michael’s wife, Belinda, is also a Magpie, and they’re still hoping to convert their children, Isabel and Will.
Glenn McFarlane has long been a passionate fan of the Magpies, having been ‘brainwashed’ by his mother at an early age. Glenn represented Collingwood in underage football and cricket teams, but his passion was always sports journalism. The Magpies won the flag in his first year of covering football in 1990. He was sports editor of the Sunday Herald Sun for 11 years and is now a senior sports reporter for the Herald Sun . Glenn is married to Christine and has three children, Lachlan, Elise and Charlotte.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $17.35. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.