In the Land of Living Dangerously: Bali, Borneo & Beyond Ebook
Publication Date: May 2012
File Size: 1749 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 18.65% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
With “In the Land of Living Dangerously”, an adventure travelogue set in Indonesia, author Jay Cowan explores myriad issues experienced during his travels in the Indonesian archipelago from culture and history to politics and anthropology, from exotic endemic wildlife and huge environmental challenges to one-on-one encounters with volcanic eruptions, earthquakes and tsunamis, the natural disasters that keep the region in the news. Cowan and his wife climbed 13,500-foot Mount Kinabalu, took river trips deep into the interior of Borneo, were on-site for the huge eruptions of Mount Merapi volcano in Java, got a close-up view of Indonesia’s infamous corruption in Bali and witnessed radical Islamic terrorist activities that have rocked the region- all while trying to avoid getting bird flu, dengue fever, malaria, Bali belly and a variety of other brutal tropical diseases that run rampant in the area and are now focal points for battles over who controls the viruses and their potential vaccines. As well as getting up close and personal with Indonesia’s famous Komodo dragons, the author tracked down other seriously endangered species in their native habitats including orangutans, pygmy elephants, tarsiers, giant yellow-lipped clams, proboscis monkeys, mouse deer and several dozen more imperiled species of animals and birds. This exciting and informative travelogue also includes discussions of US President Obama’s childhood in Java, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s visits to the area, a plane ride with Indonesia’s then-Vice-President Jusuf Kalla, and an interview by the author with the Foreign Minister of China on a beach in Bali.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $6.50. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.