In View of Academic Careers and Career-Making Scholars Ebook
Innovative Ideas for Institutional Reform.
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: February 2008
File Size: 2046 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
This volume connects career making to the general social context in which it takes place, careermaking individuals to the large institutional establishment in which they operate, and specifically career academicians to the overall knowledge enterprise from which they draw their intellectual inspiration, on which they build their career achievements, and to which they contribute their personal talents. The main purpose is to explore what academic institutions, the knowledge enterprise, and the society as a whole can and ought to do to enhance productivity, facilitate performance, and improve experience of individual academicians in their career-making endeavor. Although various innovative ideas are presented to improve normal procedures or standard processes throughout academia, answers to this focal question often lie in different levels of organizational units involved in academic operation. That is, what should a department do for its faculty, a college for its departments, a university for its colleges, an association for its member organizations, or a government for its academic institutions, in the best interest of the latter?Similarly, although reformative measures are proposed to the attention of established entities or institutionalized systems, change within the existing situation or practice to a large degree depends upon how people in various social roles relate to each other, in attitude as well as in behavior, when they perform their specific job. In other words, what should a professor do for graduate students, a senior scholar for junior colleagues, a chair for faculty members, a dean for chairs, a university chancellor for deans, an editor for authors, or an association president for the general membership, from the due perspective of the latter? The logic or legitimacy of examining this focal question and its organizational unit and social role is clear: a shining academician owes much to the support of his or her assistants, students, and followers, a rising university builds on the productivity of its individual divisions, and a thriving knowledge enterprise depends upon the success of individual career-making scholars.Beyond its own functionality and success, by division of labor, the higher level or the larger system has an inescapable responsibility to ensure that individual players or components therein grow, develop, and perform to the best of their potential. In content, this volume consists of sixteen chapters. Chapter 1 identifies main pathways and stages in academic careers. Chapters 2-5 focuses on the career process, exploring major requirements that an academician has to work on and fulfill in his or her career-making endeavor. These requirements include educational preparation, job search, institutional placement, and professional networking. Chapters 6-15 centers on the career structure, examining essential elements that a scholar has to build and maintain in his or her career identity. These elements range from the academic degree, position, publication, teaching, presentation, service, grants, awards, and membership in academic associations, to tenure. The last chapter capitalizes on the curriculum vitae as a miniature of the academic personality that a career professional must present to the community of scholarship.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $50.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.