India's Partition: The Story of Imperialism in Retreat Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: August 2004
File Size: 2444 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Based on new source material available in both England and India, India’s Partition examines the partition in the context of the retreat of the British Empire. The freeing of India from British rule was the result of internal forces in both countries, while the split of the subcontinent along religious lines served as a harbinger for things to come. Panigrahi argues that partition was not a foregone conclusion and was not the favoured option for most of the main parties, but rather was the result of a unique set of circumstances.
An erudite exploration of the highly complex relations between India and Britain leading up to independence and the split, India’s Partition looks at the leaders who made far-reaching decisions- and their motivations – during this critical time.
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $54.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.