Inspiring Children to Read and Write for Pleasure Ebook
Using Literature to Inspire Literacy learning for Ages 8-12
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
“A marvellous book of great practical value” – James Carter
The lack of interest in reading for pleasure amongst large numbers of primary age pupils, put off by ‘mechanical’ worksheet-driven approaches, is a cause for major concern amongst education professionals and parents. However, Inspiring Children to Read and Write for Pleasure from writer, journalist and education commentator Fred Sedgwick uses the context of literature to illuminate and inform the teaching of literacy in the primary classroom and inspire children to a love of books.
Aimed at Year 4, 5 and 6 primary pupils, but also significant as a transitions text to teaching secondary school pupils, this book shows how children’s fluency in language- their thinking, their talking, their reading, their listening and their writing – can be greatly improved and enriched through contact with literature placed in an understandable context. With both focus on prose and poetry, primary pupils will be introduced to using grammar, syntax and sentence construction skills in meaningful contexts. Through the use of inspiring case studies, schedules of work and practical classroom applications as well as literary figures like Dickens, Coleridge, Carroll, Rossetti and Shakespeare, primary school children can enjoy reading and writing again.
With a number of sample passages to use, teaching guidelines and examples of children’s work, this book will be of great interest to literacy coordinators, practicing Primary PGCE and Key Stage 2 teachers and those on BA Primary/B’Ed courses.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $42.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.