Introduction to Aboriginal Health and Health Care in Canada: Bridging Health and Healing Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Named a 2013 PROSE Award Winner in Nursing and Allied Health Sciences
Written by one of the leading researchers in First Nations and Inuit Health, this is the only entry-level text to address the current state of knowledge in the field of aboriginal health. The book places aboriginal health in Canada within its historical and philosophical context as it addresses social and clinical approaches to major health issues facing this population. It discusses the distinctive features of aboriginal health and healing as opposed to traditional Western medicine and why it should be studied as a discrete field.
Using the thread of cultural safety throughout, the text introduces students to health concerns facing the aboriginal population in general, with a special focus on the needs of women and children. The text provides a framework for professionals to approach aboriginal clients in a way that will both respect their worldviews and retain their own professional epistemology. Chapters are consistently formatted to include chapter objectives, case studies, critical thinking exercises, key concepts and terms, and recommended websites. The text adheres to the CASN/ANAC/CAN framework for teaching cultural competence and safety in regard to aboriginal health, and meets the needs of a curriculum that is highly recommended and will likely be required in the near future. Included with the text are an instructorís manual, study guide, and sample exams.
- Comprises the only entry-level text about aboriginal health in Canada
- Integrates, historical, social, and clinical information along with concrete examples and relevant case studies
- Written by a leading researcher in First Nations and Inuit Health
- Adheres to the CASN/ANAC/CAN framework for teaching cultural competence and safety regarding aboriginal health
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $53.85. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.