Introduction to Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
Introduction to Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists, Third Edition, provides an introduction to applied probability and statistics for engineering or science majors . This updated text emphasizes the manner in which probability yields insight into statistical problems, ultimately resulting in an intuitive understanding of the statistical procedures most often used by practicing engineers and scientists. The Third Edition includes new exercises, examples, homework problems, updated statistical material, and more. New exercises and data examples include: the one-sided Chebyshev inequality for data; logistics distribution and logistic regression; estimation and testing in proofreader problems; and product form estimates of life distributions. Real data sets are incorporated in a wide variety of exercises and examples throughout the book, and the enclosed CD-ROM includes unique, easy-to-use software that automates the required computations. This book is intended primarily for undergraduates in engineering and the sciences, and would be of particular interest to students in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Quantitative Business. It could also be of value in a graduate introductory course in probability and statistics.
New in this edition:
- New exercises and data examples including:-
The One-sided Chebyshev Inequality for Data-
The Logistics Distribution and Logistic Regression
- Estimation and Testing in proofreader problems
- Product Form Estimates of Life Distributions
- Observational Studies
- Updated statistical material
- New, contemporary applications
- Reflects Sheldon Ross’s masterfully clear exposition
- Contains numerous examples, exercises, and homework problems
- Unique, easy-to-use software automates required computations
- Applies probability theory to everyday statistical problems and situations
- Careful development of probability, modeling, and statistical procedures leads to intuitive understanding
- Instructor’s Solutions Manual is available to adopters
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $104.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.