Introduction to the Finite Element Method in Electromagnetics Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: December 2006
File Size: 2667 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
This series lecture is an introduction to the finite element method with applications in electromagnetics. The finite element method is a numerical method that is used to solve boundary-value problems characterized by a partial differential equation and a set of boundary conditions. The geometrical domain of a boundary-value problem is discretized using sub-domain elements, called the finite elements, and the differential equation is applied to a single element after it is brought to a “weak” integro-differential form. A set of shape functions is used to represent the primary unknown variable in the element domain. A set of linear equations is obtained for each element in the discretized domain. A global matrix system is formed after the assembly of all elements. This lecture is divided into two chapters. Chapter 1 describes one-dimensional boundary-value problems with applications to electrostatic problems described by the Poisson’s equation. The accuracy of the finite element method is evaluated for linear and higher order elements by computing the numerical error based on two different definitions. Chapter 2 describes two-dimensional boundary-value problems in the areas of electrostatics and electrodynamics (time-harmonic problems). For the second category, an absorbing boundary condition was imposed at the exterior boundary to simulate undisturbed wave propagation toward infinity. Computations of the numerical error were performed in order to evaluate the accuracy and effectiveness of the method in solving electromagnetic problems. Both chapters are accompanied by a number of Matlab codes which can be used by the reader to solve one- and two-dimensional boundary-value problems. These codes can be downloaded from the publisher’s URL: www.morganclaypool.com/page/polycarpou This lecture is written primarily for the nonexpert engineer or the undergraduate or graduate student who wants to learn, for the first time, the finite element method with applications to electromagnetics. It is also targeted for research engineers who have knowledge of other numerical techniques and want to familiarize themselves with the finite element method. The lecture begins with the basics of the method, including formulating a boundary-value problem using a weighted-residual method and the Galerkin approach, and continues with imposing all three types of boundary conditions including absorbing boundary conditions. Another important topic of emphasis is the development of shape functions including those of higher order. In simple words, this series lecture provides the reader with all information necessary for someone to apply successfully the finite element method to one- and two-dimensional boundary-value problems in electromagnetics. It is suitable for newcomers in the field of finite elements in electromagnetics.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $40.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.