Iris and the Tiger Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: January 2016
File Size: 3169 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Twelve-year-old Iris has been sent to Spain on a mission: to make sure her elderly and unusual aunt, Ursula, leaves her fortune-and her sprawling estate-to Iris’s scheming parents.
But from the moment Iris arrives at Bosque de Nubes , she realises something isn’t quite right. There is an odd feeling around the house, where time moves slowly and Iris’s eyes play tricks on her. While outside, in the wild and untamed forest, a mysterious animal moves through the shadows.
Just what is Aunt Ursula hiding?
But when Iris discovers a painting named Iris and the Tiger , she sets out to uncover the animal’s real identity-putting her life in terrible danger.
Leanne Hall is an author of novels for young adults including the Text Prize-winning This Is Shyness and its sequel Queen of the Night . Iris and the Tiger is her first work for younger readers. Leanne has had shorter pieces published in Meanjin , _ Age_ , Best Australian Stories and the anthology Growing Up Asian In Australia . Her work plays with the borders of reality and fantasy. Leanne has worked in the arts, educational publishing and as a bookseller, but her enduring passion is for youth literature.
‘The surrealist magic is the most refreshing element of the book: it’s a kind of magical realism that is unusual in children’s and YA fantasy… Iris and the Tiger will appeal to older primary and younger high-school readers who like magic and are, like Iris, bored by teen romances.’ Books & Publishing
’ Iris and the Tiger is its own piece of surrealist art. It’s inexplicably wondrous and confusing…It’s confusing if you try to explain it too much. But it resonates, and it offers you a glimpse into a new world. And it defies labels, and challenges preconceptions.’ CBCA Reading Time
‘This is a very special book…I love that younger readers get to experience the writing of Leanne Hall, and I especially love that Iris and the Tiger will also surprise and delight older readers alike.’ Alpha Reader
’ Iris and the Tiger has all the hallmarks of a classic children’s novel…A great adventure novel.’ Readings
‘Full of surprises and unexpected turnings.’ _ Magpies_
‘Younger (and not-so-young) readers will delight in this marvellously original tale…An utterly enchanting book.’ BookMooch
‘I absolutely loved Iris and the Tiger ! Leanne Hall enchanted me with her tale of magic and mystery.’ My Best Friends Are Books
‘Leanne Hall’s charming adventure story for younger readers takes classic tropes of children’s literature and gives them a surprising twist.’ Age/Sydney Morning Herald
‘This is a compelling and totally absorbing book that has a timeless, classic feel about it…A wonderful, unique adventure story to read, cherish and remember.’ ReadPlus
‘A quirky, cleareyed enchantment. More like this, please!’ _ Kirkus_
‘Enchanting…Bound to appeal to tweens glimpsing the excitement of growing up.’ Daily Telegraph
‘The writing flows so naturally that you are easily taken along on this journey with Iris…This is a book that just keeps giving.’ New Zealand Book Council
‘This is a wonderful story of finding your true self (and true friends) in a foreign land.’ Best Middle Fiction Books of 2016, Readings
‘Inspired by surrealist art, Leanne Hall’s book is full of wondrous details…This is magic realism translated for a middle primary audience.’ Best Books of 2016, _ Sydney Morning Herald_
‘A stunning, surreal tale for younger readers.’ Favourite Feminist Reads of 2016, Feminist Writers Festival
‘Fantasy fans will delight in the wackiness, the surprising plot, and the family secrets revealed. Best of all is Iris’ growing confidence amid the
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.