Issues and Methods in Comparative Politics Ebook
Publication Date: April 2003
File Size: 2427 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing 20 pages every 7 days is allowed.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Why do we compare nations? How do we compare nations? What are the ‘big issues’ in Comparative Politics?
Issues and Methods in Comparative Politics provides students with the answers to these fundamental questions. It is an accessible and user-friendly text which explores the strategies of comparative research in political science. It begins by examining the different methods and then highlights some of the big issues in comparative politics, using topical examples emphasizing the act of comparing as a means to explain observed political phenomena. The second edition is fully updated and includes a new chapter looking at comparative studies on Human Rights protection, a popular topic with students.
Part I shows how and why comparative politics is important, the strengths and weaknesses of different comparative methods, and the problems encountered in conducting political research.
Part II addresses the dominant issues in comparative politics. It contains an entirely new chapter comparing human rights and chapters on economic development and democracy, violent political dissent and revolution, non-violent political dissent and social movements, transitions to democracy, and institutional design and democratic performance.
Part III draws important lessons for comparative politics and discusses the key challenges for the field.
The book is designed to make a complex subject easier and more accessible for students and contains -
Briefing boxes explaining key concepts and ideas
- Suggestions for further reading at the end of each chapter
- A glossary of terms
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $53.53. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.