You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: September 2008
File Size: 3597 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 19.92% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
Trapped in a loveless marriage and a dead-end job clerking at Mendota’s Market, Mark Crizlanek is convinced his life can’t get any worse. Then one night during a raging blizzard he meets up with an old high school friend Trevor Gates who brags about his new job with the online movie service Speedyflix. He later finds out this is a front for a terrorist operation run by the Cappellas, the most ruthless Mafia family in the Midwest who control their supermarket empire with an iron fist and eliminate anyone who stands in their way with exploding DVD’s. Shortly thereafter, his lover Crystal Logan and his manager Stuart Pearson turn up brutally murdered in a store restroom and he finds himself implicated in their deaths. While awaiting trial, the Cappellas’ lawyer makes him an offer he can’t refuse: A guaranteed acquittal in exchange for his unconditional participation in an unspecified scheme. Mark, who believes the Cappellas are to some degree responsible for Crystal and Stuart’s deaths, agrees to the lawyer’s proposition. Unfortunately, despite the attorney and Trevor’s best efforts, he is convicted of first degree murder and given 75 years. On the way to the state pen, the Cappellas hijack the prison bus and free Mark. They take him back to Madison where he is ordered to team up with fugitive school shooter Erik Stockton and assassinate Jared Mendota, Mark’s former employer. Mark and Erik blow up Mendota’s estate with an IVD but their intended victim escapes at the last minute. Even though they are now on the run from both the law and the Cappellas, Mark is compelled to destroy the home of Erik’s archenemy in exchange for incriminating information about Crystal‘s killer. He successfully completes this mission but Erik refuses to fulfill his end of the bargain unless Mark agrees to sell racist signs for his white supremacist uncle. Enraged at the kid’s manipulative stubbornness, Mark ties him up in his basement and tries to extract the name of Crystal’s killer from him by repeatedly screening a video of a brutal assault on Erik at a party. When this method of interrogation fails, Mark is about to give up and resign himself to getting the information he needs from Trevor until he sees a news flash about Brett Favre’s retirement. Erik, who was promised Packer tickets by his uncle as payment for his services, now realizes he has no reason to withhold the murderer’s name from Mark any longer. He tells him that Stuart Worthington, the deranged inventor of IVD technology, killed Crystal when she threatened to inform the authorities about his activities and a cassette containing a phone conversation between Trevor and Worthington in which Trevor pleaded with the scientist not to kill Mark’s lover could be found in a safe in Trevor’s basement. Before Mark can turn the tape over to the police, he and Erik are captured by the Cappellas and taken to Worthington’s secret lab where the scientist threatens to have Mark shot if he refuses to participate in his scheme to release toxic gas into the city water supply. Mark tries to escape but is killed in a fire that also claims the lives of his lover’s killer and his associates.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.