Publication Date: March 2005
File Size: 904 Kbytes
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Joyride is a heartwarming memoir of how a young man reconnects with his journalist mother both before and after her death through the archives of her weekly newspaper columns.
Author Craig Forrest’s life in print began when he was only five years old. His mother, Libby, wrote a humor column in the local newspaper in America’s oldest seashore resort town, Cape May, New Jersey. Craig and his brother, Keith, became frequent subjects of their mother’s Erma Bombeck-like writings. Their mother’s other topics came from the news she gathered while riding around the shore on her three-wheeled bicycle. Her column, appropriately titled ’Joyride", featured useful insights, humorous encounters, and the wit and wisdom that comes from living each day and raising a family.
As he grew up, Craig learned more about his mother by rereading her work. When he returned home to care for Libby in the final ravages of Lou Gehrig’s disease, Craig spent the evenings reliving his childhood through her columns. The writings comforted him as he watched his mother waste away, and gave him the strength he needed to come to grips with the possibility of his own death from Hodgkin’s disease.
Joyride_ is an inspirational memoir and a loving tribute by a son to his mother-a poignant story reminiscent of Tuesdays with Morrie and The Color of Water .
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $6.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.