Juneau Icefield Research Project (1949-1958) Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: April 2007
File Size: 19577 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
The Juneau Icefield Research Project (JIRP) was formed to find a prototype area to study Alaska’s coastal glaciers and trends in climatic change. For the past 57 years JIRP has conducted a systematic study of key receding and advancing glaciers, including Lemon Creek and Taku Glaciers. From this study, a model has been developed to study the mass balance of these glaciers and their relation to general atmospheric circulation. Taku’s mass balance was expected to provide a meaningful assessment of flakier climate relations and environmental trends, specifically the increase in atmospheric trace element pollution and global warming.
Juneau Icefield Research Project (1949-1958) is represented by 15 chapters, organized in four parts: Background of the Project, Early Years of the Project (1949-1952, Later Years of the Project (1953-1958), and Summation and Epilogue. After describing the Project’s background, Chapters 3 through 12 cover year-by-year activities, personnel, logistics, and research of the Taku and Lemon Creek Glaciers. These chapters included day-to-day journal entries that represent a record of the informal itineraries covering the course of the study. Chapters 13 and 14 summarize glaciological findings on Taku Glacier and the status of hydrological budgets on Lemon Creek Glacier through the International Geophysical year (1957-19658). The final chapter of the text is an overview of paleoecological work by the Project in North Pacific America brought into the context of modern research with the recognition of glacier-climate cycles.
- Documents the study Juneau Icefield Research Project on a year-by-year account covering activities, personnel, logistics and research
- Discusses the model developed from the JIRP and explains its importance in predicting future climate changes
- Presents the information with day-to-day journal entries, making the text attractive and easy to read
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $167.40. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.