Jungle Patrol, the Story of the Philippine Constabulary (1901-1936) Ebook
Publication Date: July 2011
File Size: 52060 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 24.76% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
“Always Out-Numbered, Never Out-Fought!” ….. the Philippine Constabulary This is the story of an obscure and heroic quasi-military force that began as a disguised arm of American colonial policy and became a respected Philippine institution. The book details America’s first experiment with jungle guerilla warfare and America’s first experiment with the use of local native personnel as a police or military force under the command of ‘foreigners’- American and European. Both of these military experiments are studied today by West Point officers and cadets, and military historians. At the end of the Spanish – American War the policy of the McKinley administration and the military authorities in the Philippines prohibited the use of the more than 70,000 U.S. troops in the islands, to suppress the nascent Philippine Army, the guerilla bands of independence warriors, and the outlaws, pirates, and brigands who had arisen. Initially the native battles were for Philippine independence, however the conflicts deteriorated into harsh and bloodthirsty attacks on foreign occupiers and peaceful villagers, alike. The Constabulary was, in reality, a small, poorly armed, ‘black force’ initially acting on behalf of an ineffective U.S. military and a politically infected Philippine Commission. The Constabulary subsequently became an honored Philippine law enforcement organization, respected by both the native Filipinos and U.S. military and political bodies. Hurley, an Honorary Third Lieutenant in the Constabulary, and a respected military historian recounts vividly and dramatically the real origin, handicaps, growth, development, use, strategies, and key battles of this force that many credit with being the single most important element in the Philippines’ development of democratic self-rule. [399 pps, 24 photographs and illustrations]
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $15.01. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.