"Just Right" English Grammar for Everyone Ebook
Publication Date: November 2009
File Size: 2384 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Have you ever been frustrated, aggravated, irritated, upset, disturbed, annoyed, bothered, perturbed or discouraged when you are trying to write a decent paragraph in the English language, and suddenly found out that you are not sure of the grammar rules, and it is hard to locate that wizard to tell you once and for all whether you should place a comma here or there? You probably look into your dictionary first and scream out loud or yell at the innocent computer screen because the information you are looking for is not there. Do not panic or dread; help is on the way.
This book is an attempt to give you a summary of resources when it comes to grammar in layperson’s language. With the index in the back of the book, you will be able to easily and effortlessly locate what you want to look up and find the answer right at your fingertips.
Speaking from previous English knowledge, skills, practices, understandings, familiarities and know-how, I realize that sometimes the more grammar books you read, the more confused you get. There are tons of grammar books out there, but upon which one can you rely? There are contradictions constantly when you read more than one grammar book. One book will tell you to use an “s” after 2005s to execute plurality; others may not recommend the same. In addition, languages are animate. They change all the time. They can get sick and die, and they can have newly generated sounds and words. Language has a life.
Born and raised in Bangkok, Thailand, English was taught to me at an early age, but it was taught as a foreign language, where there were only a few English classes per week. I did not have the opportunity of being in a bilingual environment. I struggled and studied hard. My parents made sure that I received a great education. English was taught to me by so many teachers and professors from many different countries, some of whom were not native speakers of the English language. I received many different grammar rules that often confused me, but as I acquired more education, things started to become clearer. As an undergraduate student in Bangkok, I majored in English and double-minored in Linguistics and Psychology. I continued my studies at the University of Illinois Graduate School in Linguistics and Teaching English as a Second Language in the United States. Suddenly, I became an English professor. I received my master’s degree in January, and, in the same month, I started teaching at a university. In my profession, there are ESL and EIL. I would like to clarify the abbreviations ESL and EIL. ESL stands for English as a Second Language. EIL stands for English as an International Language. There are also other terms such as ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) and EFL (English as a Foreign Language). Even though English is not the most spoken language in the world, it has, indeed, become international, used by hundreds of millions of people every day.
So, I will attempt to write this book from an angle of one who has “been there and done that”. In other words, I have been an ESL/EIL student and an ESL/EIL professor. I still learn new things about English grammar on a daily basis. There are so many rules out there, but it is fun to continue to learn. One should never stop learning, period! I have been teaching ESL/EIL for over three decades. I have always sympathized with my students as I have seen them struggle to gain command of the English language. My background as an ESL/EIL student and as an ESL/EIL teacher, hopefully, has helped my students a great deal. I have also learned a lot from my students. Therefore, this book is a compilation of what I have learned throughout the years, first as a little girl, as an ESL/EIL student, and now as an ESL/EIL professor.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $6.01. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.