Kanga, My Dragon of Anger: A book about Anger Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: October 2015
File Size: 2426 Kbytes
Ages: 05 - 12
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
When adults are not comfortable talking about and facing uncomfortable feelings, such as anger, it is then difficult for their children to learn how to deal with these feelings constructively. “Bottled” emotions increase the risk of physical and emotional health problems. Some people turn to drugs and alcohol, comfort-eating, gambling or domestic violence. It also fractures relationships and families.
Vast amounts of research suggest that promoting resilience (such as constructive use of our uncomfortable feelings) reduces the risk of children later developing behavioural problems, being bullied or bullying others, having substance abuse, mental illness, suicide and school dropout. Resilience can also promote academic performance and can even improve treatment outcomes in adults with anxiety and depression.
Treating emotional and social problems when they have already developed is more difficult and costly than preventing it. We need to be instilling our children with skills early in life to prevent problems from happening.
The message is clear: Everyone will be confronted with life challenges and stress, no matter what age. Uncomfortable feelings are also normal. Once we accept this and can identify our feelings, we then have choices about how to deal with them constructively. This empowers children and families, reduces helplessness and brings hope. Resilience is a lifetime priceless gift we can teach our children with endless benefits.
All Dr Harmony’s books:-
Have “find the character” on each illustrated page;
Rhyme (research suggests rhyming books lead to advanced readers);
Have a fun activities section for children to emphasise the messages of each book;
Have an adults’ page provides tips to adults to help children to work through each feeling in real-life situations;
Are easy for children to relate to.
Get your children to draw their angry dragons and give them personalised names! Their dragons can then be referred in daily life whenever they feel angry. This reminds them about the strategies discussed in the book. The more frequently the concepts are used, eventually it is easier for children to independently problem-solve life challenges.
Other books in Building Resilience book series 1:
Jo, My Sad Hippo (A book about Sadness)
My Pet Monster (A book about Worry)
The Cat’s Got My Tongue (A book about Shyness & Performance Anxiety)
FEATURED REVIEW by KIRKUS REVIEWS:
“Young Al has a dragon in his pocket. When the boy gets angry, he says, Kanga, the dragon, “breathes fire into my head and belly”—a wonderful way to describe how fuzzy one’s thinking can get and how uncomfortable one’s stomach can feel when anger takes over… Overall, the concepts and the visualization of the dragon, are excellent and will appeal to readers who have trouble coping with emotional challenges. The illustrations are simplistic, and characters’ proportions are more free-form than lifelike, but the book’s seek-and-find aspect, which encourages children to locate Kanga on each page, will delight readers on the younger end of its target audience…Thought-provoking questions, fun activities, and insightful imagery mark this book as one that may be particularly useful in schools.”
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $1.82. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.