Kanga, My Dragon of Anger: A book about Anger Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
When adults are not comfortable talking about and facing uncomfortable feelings, such as anger, it is then difficult for their children to learn how to deal with these feelings constructively. “Bottled” emotions increase the risk of physical and emotional health problems. Some people turn to drugs and alcohol, comfort-eating, gambling or domestic violence. It also fractures relationships and families.
Vast amounts of research suggest that promoting resilience (such as constructive use of our uncomfortable feelings) reduces the risk of children later developing behavioural problems, being bullied or bullying others, having substance abuse, mental illness, suicide and school dropout. Resilience can also promote academic performance and can even improve treatment outcomes in adults with anxiety and depression.
Treating emotional and social problems when they have already developed is more difficult and costly than preventing it. We need to be instilling our children with skills early in life to prevent problems from happening.
The message is clear: Everyone will be confronted with life challenges and stress, no matter what age. Uncomfortable feelings are also normal. Once we accept this and can identify our feelings, we then have choices about how to deal with them constructively. This empowers children and families, reduces helplessness and brings hope. Resilience is a lifetime priceless gift we can teach our children with endless benefits.
All Dr Harmony’s books:-
Have “find the character” on each illustrated page;
Rhyme (research suggests rhyming books lead to advanced readers);
Have a fun activities section for children to emphasise the messages of each book;
Have an adults’ page provides tips to adults to help children to work through each feeling in real-life situations;
Are easy for children to relate to.
Get your children to draw their angry dragons and give them personalised names! Their dragons can then be referred in daily life whenever they feel angry. This reminds them about the strategies discussed in the book. The more frequently the concepts are used, eventually it is easier for children to independently problem-solve life challenges.
Other books in Building Resilience book series 1:
Jo, My Sad Hippo (A book about Sadness)
My Pet Monster (A book about Worry)
The Cat’s Got My Tongue (A book about Shyness & Performance Anxiety)
FEATURED REVIEW by KIRKUS REVIEWS:
“Young Al has a dragon in his pocket. When the boy gets angry, he says, Kanga, the dragon, “breathes fire into my head and belly”—a wonderful way to describe how fuzzy one’s thinking can get and how uncomfortable one’s stomach can feel when anger takes over… Overall, the concepts and the visualization of the dragon, are excellent and will appeal to readers who have trouble coping with emotional challenges. The illustrations are simplistic, and characters’ proportions are more free-form than lifelike, but the book’s seek-and-find aspect, which encourages children to locate Kanga on each page, will delight readers on the younger end of its target audience…Thought-provoking questions, fun activities, and insightful imagery mark this book as one that may be particularly useful in schools.”
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $1.82. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.