Kicking Goals with Goodesy and Magic Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
AFL legends Adam Goodes and Michael O’Loughlin are blood brothers and great mates. They are also two of the best footballers ever to play for the Sydney Swans. Between them, they played over 650 games and kicked over 900 goals.
But what were Goodesy and Magic like when they were kids? What kind of scrapes did they get into at school? And what was it like to go from being normal teenagers to AFL superstars?
Find out all this and much more in Kicking Goals , the story of Adam and Michael’s friendship in their own words, as told to Anita Heiss.
An Andyamathanha and Norungga man born in Wallaroo, Adam Goodes made his senior AFL debut in 1999, and won the AFL Rising Star Award that year. Adam has achieved everything to which an AFL footballer can aspire. He is the games record holder with the Sydney Swans, has twice tasted Grand Final victory, has twice been the recipient of Australian Football’s highest individual honour, the Brownlow Medal, has been named his club’s Best and Fairest player three times, has earned All-Australian honours four times, has captained Australia against Ireland in International Rules football and is a member of the AFL’s Indigenous Team of the Century. In recognition of his community involvement and his firm yet compassionate campaign against racism, Adam was named Australian of the Year in 2014.
Michael O’Loughlin was drafted to the Sydney Swans in 1994 and played the first of his 303 senior AFL games for the club the following year. He played in three AFL grand finals, was the club’s best and fairest player in 1998, and was twice All-Australian and twice represented Australia in International Rules. A member of the AFL’s Indigenous Team of the Century, Michael was a key player in the Sydney Swans’ 2005 Premiership team. When he retired from football in 2009, he did so as one of the most beloved and decorated players in the history of the South Melbourne / Sydney Swans football club. Since hanging up the boots, Michael has been Head Coach of the AIS-AFL Academy, coached the Indigenous All-Stars team which toured Ireland in 2013, and has now come “home” to the Swans- as Head Coach of the QBE Sydney Swans Academy.
Dr Anita Heiss is the author of non-fiction, historical fiction, commercial women’s fiction, poetry, social commentary and travel articles. She is a Lifetime Ambassador of the Indigenous Literacy Foundation and a proud member of the Wiradjuri nation of central NSW. Anita was a finalist in the 2012 Human Rights Awards and the 2013 Australian of the Year Awards. She lives in Sydney.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.05. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.