King of Things Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: May 2006
File Size: 804 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 21.87% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
The Beginning of an Epic YA Fantasy!
Orphaned by the death of their parents, Maddie and Wil are sent to live with their aunt, a respected college professor with no experience raising children. Largely left to themselves, they find a portal in her house-a door through an ordinary washing machine that leads to Loss, a strange world where all of the things lost in our world go to-keys, umbrellas, socks, loose change.even people.
Wil and Maddie find themselves thrust into an enchanting world, where literal mountains of laundry and eyeglasses loom over exotic cities such as Marketown. At first all they want is to simply get home-back to their aunt’s house. But a desperate idea comes to Wil-when people die in our world, we say we’ve “lost” them. If so, perhaps he and his sister might be able to find their dead parents here and bring them home. The only person who can help, though, is the King of Loss, and he sees no one.
They’re helped on their journey by Bob, a 7-foot-tall robot; a talking dog called Usher; and Cooper, a tight-mouthed, intimidating guide who parachuted into this world after highjacking an airplane in his. Along the way, they meet Ambrose Bierce and a certain hip-swiveling King who might be dead in our world or not. .
But they’re also being chased by minions of The Judge, the shadowy power behind the throne… a man who was lost from their world before they were born; Judge Joseph F. Crater. He’s gained a lot of power here in Loss, and he knows something about Maddie.something that makes her important in this world. And he can’t afford for these two kids to gain an audience with the King of Loss.
In the spirit of The Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit, King of Things begins an exciting and magical journey through a land unlike any other that will continue in The Shadow of the World and finish in The Ends of the Earth.
John F.D. Taff is the author of seven novels and dozens of short stories. His horror novel, The Rat Catcher’s King, published by Double Dragon, was the finalist in the horror category of the 2006 Eppie Awards.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $4.68. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.