Lady Rebel: The Story of Loreta Velazsquez Ebook
Publication Date: May 2011
File Size: 1364 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Wife • Mother • Combat Officer • Confederate Spy. One of the most remarkable figures of the Civil War: Loreta Velazsquez. Take a Confederate officer who recruits 236 men in four days, who fought in the First Battle of Bull Run, became a spy, fought in the siege of Fort Donelson, was wounded, again served as a spy, fought in the Battle of Shiloh, wounded again, served as a spy again, and finished the war attempting to organize a rebellion of Confederate prisoners of war. Such a person would be hailed as one of the South’s great heros. Well, there was such a person, only he was a she. Her name is Loreta Velazsquez and, disguised as “Lt. Harry T. Buford,” did all those things and more. This is her story. The book is not without controversy, even today. When it was first published Confederate General Jubal Early said the book was an obvious fiction. Modern historians have said the events were so improbable that they can’t be true. But the History Channel says the book IS true and did a one-hour TV special on the subject called Full Metal Corset. You can believe it or not. Take your choice. Either way it’s an exciting, informative, read. A part of the Fireship Press Lady Warrior Series
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $7.49. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.