Law Street: America's Dysfunctional and Sometimes Corrupt Legal System Ebook
Publication Date: June 2011
File Size: 5860 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
The American legal system is far from perfect. High standards of fairness and equal justice for all are lacking, and conflicts of interest are an integral part of the system’s practitioners. In Law Street, author Wim J.M. Touw discusses the ills of the American legal system and investigates the roots of its dysfunction.
In his analysis Touw argues that American lawyers have lost their moral and ethical moorings; he provides a unique perspective of how American lawyers have manipulated the British common law system for their own financial benefit or to advance their careers. He compares the legal system of the United States with systems in the world’s foremost democracies to illustrate how American jurisprudence has strayed from its mission. Finally, he examines the criminal law system that puts innocent people in jail and explains in detail how the tort system, the contingency fee, and the “loser pays” laws have turned the once noble profession of lawyering into a profitable, unregulated business corrupting the legal process. Touw argues that what is good for Wall Street is good for Law Street and explains why American bar associations do not provide proper oversight.
With thorough explanations and examples, Law Street tells a story about serious flaws in the American legal system and provides a wake-up call for America’s dysfunctional and often corrupt legal system.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.