Leftover Dreams Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: April 2009
File Size: 2283 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
The story starts in the Toronto of the 1950’s, where you could still swim at Sunnyside Beach and most women stayed home to raise their families. Here you will meet two unforgettable sisters—Faye and Louise Parker who, against all odds, survive the abuse of their angry and embittered mother, Maggie. But their lives are tragically altered when shy and sensitive Faye is the victim of a brutal and violent act. Suddenly, the normally ebullient Louise is thrown into turmoil. On the brink of adulthood, she escapes to London to heal her wounds and follow her nebulous dreams. Author’s Note My mother’s reminiscences of her girlhood in Toronto inspired me to write of the city as I remembered it, growing up there in the 1940’s and 50’s. Hence, in this book, I’ve written about many places that no longer exist. As always in my novels, I was concerned with relationships—in this case primarily between mothers and daughters—and basically with why people do the things they do, become the people they are. In the case of Maggie Parker, she is one of nature’s inexplicable creatures, driven by motives that often defeat even her own comprehending. Her daughters, Faye and Louise, reflect—as do all children—the best and worst of their parents. Thematically, throughout the book, I tried to demonstrate how each of the central characters has been affected by his or her parents/environment. And in the course of developing the characters, I dealt to some degree with issues pertaining to women’s rights and to the very real ambivalence so many of us felt growing up as Canadian cousins to the profoundly influential Americans just across the border. Having lived in England for several years in the early 1960’s, I also incorporated aspects of London as I so fondly remember it. In writing such a lengthy manuscript I was afforded an opportunity to go into greater descriptive detail than I normally do: for example, the chapters describing the Canadian National Exhibition. This book represented a highly enjoyable writing experience, one that allowed me to indulge in my lifetime love for the city of my birth.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $11.65. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.