Lifestyle in Medicine Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: January 2007
File Size: 483 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
In Western societies, ‘lifestyle’ as an explanation for health and illness has become increasingly popular.
Lifestyle in Medicine explores the ambiguity of the term ‘lifestyle’ and the way it is conceived and applied within medicine. Based on real doctor-patient consultations and in-depth interviews with doctors, the book discusses:
- the history behind current medical use of lifestyle
- the variable usage of the ‘lifestyle’ concept in different medical settings
- critical writings and recent shifts in sociological thinking about lifestyle
- public and government concerns about unhealthy lifestyles
- the ways in which health is discussed, doctor to patient.
Evidence-based in its approach, this book uses original research to highlight this topical issue and provides professional and lay perspectives on health and illness. It is essential reading for students and academics of medical sociology, health and allied health studies and anyone interested in health and society.
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $57.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.