Looking Back On My Life Ebook
Publication Date: May 2004
File Size: 5910 Kbytes
( 24.33% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
This is a touching story of a young teen-age boy growing up in Brooklyn, who had a lonely and unhappy childhood. At the age of sixteen he meets and falls in love with Esta, a lovely, outgoing, and mature-looking girl of thirteen, the sister of his best friend.
Before too long, he finds himself in the Navy on a subchaser during World War II. For a young man who had never been away from home, this is a startling experience. Sol, a Jew, runs into instances of anti-semitism, when he is thrust into a completely different environment.
Shortly, he is embroiled in several invasions of Japanese held islands in the Pacific and in combat with warplanes, including kamikazes. Just before the war ends, he comes home on leave. He immediately marries his sweetheart, who has been waiting for him. The next time he comes home, it is for good.
Uncertain of their future, Sol and his wife Esta lean on each other for strength in raising and educating their four children. Their life together unfolds over a period of almost six decades.
There were extremely happy times and times of great sorrow. No matter the situation, they faced it with optimism and a sense of humor.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $4.54. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.