Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know: Reflections of a Forensic Practitioner Ebook
Publication Date: April 2010
File Size: 935 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing 30 pages every 7 days is allowed.
- Copying 20 text selections every 7 days is allowed.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
A book by a leading exponent of work with mentally disordered offenders charting key events in a fifty year career, which will be of particular interest to criminal psychologists, psychiatrists, probation officers, social workers, judges, magistrates, criminologists, and all students of crime and punishment. From a relatively modest background, Herschel Prins rose to become a leading authority on forensic work with offenders suffering from mental disorder. In this frank and heartfelt account, he traces his journey from ‘main grade’ probation officer, Home Office civil servant, trainer and inspector to top level positions within academic institutions (notably at Leicester University and Loughborough University), with the Parole Board, key nationwide committees, inquiries and beyond. His ‘reflections’ on a life geared to enhancing knowledge and understanding in this sphere contain unique insights for practitioners and general readers alike – and words of wisdom for the Criminal Justice System as it enters the second decade of the 21st century. Reviews ‘Provides students with a critical insight into the structural dimensions of criminal justice/healthcare practice’: Paul Taylor, University of Chester Praise for Herschel Prins ‘In a field prone to disappointment and disillusion he continues to stimulate and inspire’: Sir Michael Day OBE ‘I can think of no-one more instrumental at the pivotal meeting point of crime, criminal justice and mental disorder’: Andrew Rutherford ‘A monument to unassertive sanity’: Sir Louis Blom-Cooper QC ‘One of my heroes’: David Wilson From the Foreword ‘Herschel has spent his professional life working with the troubled and the troublesome, the unloved (and the often unlovely) where the consistent theme of his work has been to combine the practical with an awareness of what is possible when one works with mentally disordered offenders. Why choose that life and these clients? What demands has that choice made on him, his family, his colleagues? . . . Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know … sets out to answer these- and other – questions’: David Wilson
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $39.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.