Making Climate Compatible Development Happen Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
Making Climate Compatible Development Happen introduces readers to the concept of climate compatible development (CCD) through exploring what it might look like, how it could be achieved in practice and identifying challenges and dilemmas raised by CCD. The book brings together research that explores the assumptions underlying CCD and applies the concept in a range of geographic and sectoral settings.
The volume makes a significant contribution to the theorisation and evidence-base for how development efforts can be made more climate resilient and with lower greenhouse gas emissions than a ‘business as usual’ approach. It provides critical reflections on the vision and conceptualisation of CCD, exploring how to encourage it, and what trade-offs and challenges may be encountered. The contributions discuss the feasibility of achieving CCD, mechanisms that may support progress towards it, challenges that may be experienced and the roles of, and impacts on, different stakeholder groups. Following a critical reflection on the concept of CCD, the potential nature of, and barriers to, CCD, it is examined in relation to agriculture, renewable energy, forestry, pastoralism, coastal areas and fisheries, with case studies taken from countries including Ghana, India, Kenya, Mongolia, Mozambique and Peru.
The book provides a valuable cross-sectoral and international critical reflection on the theory and practice of CCD, and will be a resource for postgraduates, established scholars and undergraduates from any social science discipline, policymakers and practitioners studying or working on areas related to the interface between environment (climate change) and international development.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $57.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.