Mama, I'm Here Ebook
Publication Date: October 2010
File Size: 5337 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 28.54% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Dear Reader, My Mom died in 1993. Not much was known about Alzheimer’s at the time and we definitely didn’t have the Alzheimer’s drugs we do today. In fact, medical opinion was that the only way to know if someone actually died of Alzheimer’s was to biopsy their brain after they died. Now they can detect the brain plaque that indicates Alzheimer’s at an early stage. I’m a child of a Mom who had Alzheimer’s. Every day I think about it. There’s a blood test you can take to determine if you will get Alzheimer’s, but I really don’t want to know ahead of time. I’d rather it be like a surprise party and everyone jumps up at once. I don’t want to think about it for years before it happens. I don’t want to wonder if I should go out of the house with a note pinned to my blouse giving my name, address, phone number and to whom I belong. What if you don’t belong to anyone? I pray they find something to stop Alzheimer’s in its horrible progression. I don’t care if by then I have forgotten where my keys are…I can sew them to my purse. What I care about is bigger than that. I’m a writer, I worry that I won’t remember what words are. I’m an actor, I worry that I won’t understand my lines. I’m a director, I worry that I won’t remember how to direct. I’m a mother, I worry that I won’t know my children. I’m a teacher, I worry that I will forget how to teach. I’m a school bus driver, I worry that I will forget where I am and how to get back. I’m every man, I’m every woman. Every night before I go to bed I pray that Alzheimer’s will never happen to me. I moved back home to take care of my Mom who had Alzheimer’s and my Dad who had severe Dementia. I didn’t just write Mama, I’m Here, I lived it. Caretakers suffer along with the ones they love. -Judy Garwood
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $5.71. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.