Manual of Traumatic Brain Injury: Assessment and Management Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
The Manual provides an excellent road map to the many topics relevant in the diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of individuals with TBI. As such, the book can serve either as a fine introduction for the uninitiated or as a valued reference for seasoned clinicians. I highly recommend [it]…
Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation
This is a stellar quality book that will be beneficial for every member of the multidisciplinary team that is required to treat patients with TBI. It offers a concise but broad and informative view of the disorder, and can serve as an easy-to-read and access primary text. 4 Stars!
Now completely revised and updated, Manual of Traumatic Brain Injury: Assessment and Management, Second Edition is a comprehensive evidence-based guide to brain injury diagnosis, treatment, and recovery, delivered in a succinct format designed for targeted access to essential content.
This concise text, featuring internationally known contributors drawn from leading TBI programs, is organized into five sections. Part 1 discusses fundamental concepts needed to provide a context for clinical decision-making. Part 2 covers mild TBI, from natural history to sports-related concussion, post-concussion syndrome, and more. Part 3 focuses on moderate to severe TBI and contains chapters on pre-hospital, emergency and ICU care, rehabilitation, community reintegration, management of associated impairments, and post-injury outcomes. Part 4 covers the complications and long-term sequelae that may arise in patients with TBI, including spasticity, movement disorders, posttraumatic seizures, hydrocephalus, behavioral and sleep disturbances, and chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). Part 5 focuses on special considerations and resources, including issues specific to selected populations or injury environments (military, pediatric, workers compensation and older patients), as well as return to work and medico-legal issues in TBI.
Comprehensively updated to reflect the current state of the art in this rapidly evolving field, this book is a must-have for neurologists, physiatrists, primary care physicians, mental health professionals, social workers, and other healthcare providers who treat TBI patients.
New to the Second Edition:
“Key Points” section in each chapter crystallizes important clinical pearls
New chapters cover anoxia complicating TBI, screening for emotional distress in TBI patients, management of chronic behavioral disturbances, and assistive technology
Every chapter has been updated to reflect current evidence-based practice
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $77.55. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.