Marie Fran§oise Huc Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Marie Françoise Huc was born in 1765 in Boucherville, Quebec. At the age of fifteen she married the surgeon Herman Melchior Eberts, a member of an Austrian regiment brought to Quebec by the British to help them quell the American Revolution. They had several children before Herman was banished from Quebec for committing a crime in the eyes of the Catholic Church. He went to far-off Detroit, still a British outpost. Marie and the children managed to follow him five years later, delayed by the Indian wars in the United States. The family grew and prospered in this rough frontier town as the American army took over. Then in 1805 Detroit burned to the ground, and the Eberts family was forced to move back to Upper Canada. They settled in happily, but in 1812 the historic war between British North America and the United States broke out. By mid-1813 Marie’s husband and four of her sons were involved in the fighting. Her home was sacked by the Americans that fall, and she fell ill. She died in December, a victim of the war. Marie Françoise Huc is an historical novel based on her true life story. She lived a good life, but also a hard life, tossed by the sadness of losing four of her eleven children in childhood, and by war, the side-effects of war, or the constant threat of war. Her story is the story of early Canada.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $5.29. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.