Mary Fields aka Stagecoach Mary Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
This is the story of Mary Fields, ‘Stagecoach Mary’, who got her nickname at the turn of the 20th Century. She earned this nickname by working for the United States Postal System delivering the United States Mail through adverse conditions that would have discouraged the most hardened frontiersmen of that period. All by herself, she never missed a day for 8 years, carrying the U. S. Mail and other important documents that helped settle the wild open territory of central west Montana. Mary had no fear of man, nor beast, and this sometimes got her into trouble. She delivered the mail regardless of the heat of the day, cold of night, wind, rain, sleet, snow, blizzards, Indians and Outlaws. Mary was 6 feet tall, and weighed over 200 pounds, and even with ‘those’ extraordinary extremes, there were two more facts that made ‘her’ history. Mary was the second woman in ‘history’ to carry the U. S. Mail, however, even that was a matter of simplicity, for a fact, she was a Negro Woman, and the only ‘Negro’, for hundreds and hundreds of miles when she first arrived in Montana. This feature story covers Mary’s colorful life, from the plantation where she was born a slave in 1832, to the famous Steamboat race between the “Robert E. Lee” and the “Natchez” on the Mississippi River, to her death in Cascade, Montana, 1914. Stagecoach Mary was a cigar smoking, shotgun and pistol toting Negro Woman, who even frequented saloons drinking whiskey with the men, a privilege only given to ‘her’, as a woman. However, not even this fact, sealed the credentials given to her, her credentials boasted that, ‘she could knock out any man with one punch’, who stepped upon her womanhood, a claim she proved true. author_bio: Erich Hicks, founder of Alpha Wolf Productions Inc., is an acclaimed Special Effects Coordinator, Producer and Writer, with over 20 years of experience in the entertainment industry. The company is an independent production outlet that develops, writes, and produces feature film and television content. Historically, Erich is the first African-American/Black to receive a Special Effects Pyrotechnic Operator’s 1st class Master’s License in the Motion Picture Industry. Thus, he is expertly qualified to produce and direct action sequences, stunts and explosions to achieve a realistic scene. As a writer, Erich’s first novel, Rescue at Pine Ridge, released in December 2008. The novel is a historical narrative, depicting the all-Black 9th Calvary. Known as the US military’s famed ‘Buffalo Soldiers’, which helped settle the American West in the late 1800’s. Erich has completed an accompanying screenplay for a TV mini-series, Trilogy, and Epic Feature, and has garnered support from some of HOLLYWOOD’S acclaimed Industry Producers/Directors/and Actors. Dedicated to exploring the history of African-Americans/Blacks and shattering stereotypes, his Alpha Wolf Productions, Inc. has also developed a feature film documentary, Soul on a Wave which exposes the life and times of surfers of color. Please visit the webpage for more information at: alphawolfprods.com and for a comprehensive resume at imdb.com/name/nm0902436 keywords: Mary Fields, Mail, African American, Black History, Montana, Stagecoach, Outlaws, Cowboys, Postal System, Historical, 1914, 1832
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.01. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.