MATHEMATICS PROBLEMS WITH SEPARATE PROGRESSIVE SOLUTIONS Ebook
HINTS, ALGORITHMS, PROOFS. VOLUME 1 - INTERMEDIATE AND COLLEGE ALGEBRA
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: September 2008
File Size: 681 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 25.56% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
The problem-solving assumes theoretical and analytical skills, as well as algorithmic skills, coupled with a basic mathematical intuition. The concept of this problem book successfully supports the development of these skills of the solver and meanwhile offers mathematics instructors models for teaching problem-solving as an integral part of the mathematics learning process. The topics of the problems belong to algebra II and algebra of the first two years of college, passing through fields of integer and real numbers, equations, inequalities, powers, logarithms, divisibility, polynomials, and combinatorics. This work is the first of a series that will also operate in other domains and subdomains of mathematics. The problem book is structured in four separate and independent sections, namely Problems, Hints, Algorithms, and Proofs, in this order. The Problems section consists of over 100 problems themselves, which are of medium to advanced difficulty level. The problems can be presented and discussed at mathematics workshops and sessions of preparation for contests and olympiads as well as in the classroom, using problems of different difficulty levels with separate groups of students; for advanced groups, an instructor can use this problem book in its entirety. The Hints offer groups of keywords that suggest to the solver- intuitively, as well as analytically – an initial approach to the problem, important observations upon which the solution is based, categories of theoretical results applied when solving, and specific theoretical results. The hints also suggest indirectly the solving algorithm (found in the next section), but without exposing or synthesizing it. In the Algorithms section, the solving algorithms provide chronological groups of steps necessary for generating the complete solution. The algorithm is presented as a brief list of tasks; it does not reveal the complete solution to the problem, but only points out the partial tasks whose results will finally yield the logical construction of the solution. The Proofs represent the complete integral solutions of the problems, unfolded according to the solving algorithm. This comprehensive presentation includes the detailed steps to be executed, the observations that precede the deductions, and the entire logical motivation. No partial results are left unproved, neither as an exercise nor as being obvious or easily deduced. The sections described previously are separated in this book so that the solver can explore the problem and search for solving paths independently, consulting the next section only when he or she has exhausted, with no success, his or her own approach and individual study methods. As the solver moves progressively from a partial solution to a more complete one, this additional effort itself becomes a useful mathematical exercise. Moreover, the process of moving successively through the indications of the problems together with individual investigation and autocorrection of a wrong approach, stimulates and motivates the solver toward a solution. All these elements give this type of problem book a truly interactive character.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $6.70. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.