MATLAB® for Photomechanics- A Primer Ebook
Publication Date: December 2002
File Size: 9463 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
The term “photomechanics” describes a suite of experimental techniques which use optics (photo) for studying problems in mechanics. The field has been in existence for some time, but has always lagged behind other experimental and numerical techniques. The main reason for this is that the interpretation of data, which whilst providing whole-field visualization, is not in a form readily amenable to the end-user. Digital image processing has become common within the photomechanics community. However, one approach does not fit all, and subtle variations in technique and method have been developed by different groups working on specific applications.
This primer enables the user to get started with their experimental analysis quickly. It is based on the universally popular MATLAB® software, which includes dedicated and optimized functions for a variety of image processing tasks. These can readily scripted, along with the necessary mathematical expressions, for particular experimental techniques. The book provides an introduction to some of the optical techniques, and then introduces MATLAB® routines specific to the image processing in experimental mechanics. There are also case studies on particular techniques.
As part of the book, a collection of M-files is provided on CD-ROM, which also contains example images and test code. This provides a starting point for the user, who can then easily add or edit statements or function for their own images.
MATLAB® is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc. For product information, visit http://www.mathworks.comhttp://www.mathworks.com
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $158.87. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.