Matriel Culture: The Archaeology of Twentieth-Century Conflict Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: September 2003
File Size: 6284 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Matériel culture encompasses the material remains of conflict, from buildings and monuments to artefacts and militia, as well as human remains. This collection of essays, from an international range of contributors, illustrates the diversity in this material record, highlights the difficulties and challenges in preserving, presenting and interpreting it, and above all demonstrates the significant role matériel culture can play in contemporary society.
Among the many studies are:
- the ‘culture of shells’
- the archaeology of nuclear testing grounds
- Cambodia’s ‘killing fields’
- the Berlin Wall
- and the biography of a medal
the reappearance of Argentina’s ‘disappeared’
World War II concentration camps.
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $54.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.