You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: October 2008
File Size: 1885 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
“A good book! It’s a nice overview of wiki editing and administration, with pointers to handy extensions and further online documentation.”-Brion Vibber, Chief Technical Officer, Wikimedia Foundation
“This book is filled with practical knowledge based on experience. It’s not just spouting some party line.”-Rob Church, a developer of MediaWiki
MediaWiki is the world’s most popular wiki platform, the software that runs Wikipedia and thousands of other websites. Though it appears simple to use at first glance, MediaWiki has extraordinarily powerful and deep capabilities for managing and organizing knowledge. In corporate environments, MediaWiki can transform the way teams write and collaborate.
This comprehensive book covers MediaWiki’s rich (and sometimes subtle) features, helping you become a wiki expert in no time. You’ll learn how to:
- Find your way around by effective searching and browsing
- Create and edit articles, categories, and user preferences
- Use advanced features for authors, such as templates, dynamic lists, logical parser functions, and RSS, to organize and maintain large numbers of articles
- Install and run your own wiki, and configure its look and behavior
- Develop custom wiki features, called extensions, with the PHP programming language and MySQL database
This book also provides special guidance for creating successful corporate wikis. For beginners who want to create or work on collaborative, community-driven websites with this platform, MediaWiki is the essential one-stop guide.
“I was a MediaWiki newbie before reading this book. Now, many aspects of the platform that were murky before are crystal clear.”-JP Vossen, author of O’Reilly’s _ Bash Cookbook_
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $28.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.