Memoirs, Episodes in New Mexico History, 1892-1969: Facsimile of 1969 Edition Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: April 2008
File Size: 1200 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 22.94% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
William A. Keleher always had an active curiosity and this made him an outstanding newspaperman and an indefatigable researcher of historical events. It led him into many intellectual adventures that resulted in a whole series of books of New Mexicana. In this personal narrative, he gives readers a glimpse behind the scenes of his career not only as a writer but as a lawyer. The pages of this last book are full of rich anecdotes and little-known episodes involving such men as Governor Clyde Tingley, Senator Bronson Cutting, Elfego Baca, and Senator Dennis Chavez. Here is the story of how a bank was saved, how political careers were initiated and blocked, the story of an editor who wrote the editorials on both sides of an important question for the competing newspapers, previously unpublished stories about Eugene Manlove Rhodes, and how Elfego Baca collected an insurance settlement. There is also the account of Franz Huning, whose “castle” was partly in New Albuquerque, partly in Old Albuquerque, and a story of visiting the Old Town jail to see an Albuquerque editor serving a term for contempt. Like his other books, “Memoirs” is essential for anyone interested in the history and culture of the American Southwest. WILLIAM A. KELEHER (1886-1972) observed first hand the changing circumstances of people and places of New Mexico. Born in Lawrence, Kansas, he arrived in Albuquerque two years later, with his parents and two older brothers. The older brothers died of diphtheria within a few weeks of their arrival. As an adult, Keleher worked for more than four years as a Morse operator, and later as a reporter on New Mexico newspapers. Bidding a reluctant farewell to newspaper work, Keleher studied law at Washington & Lee University and started practicing law in 1915. He was recognized as a successful attorney, being honored by the New Mexico State Bar as one of the outstanding Attorneys of the Twentieth Century. One quickly observes from his writings, and writings about him, that he lived a fruitful and exemplary life. He is also the author of “Turmoil in New Mexico,” “Violence in Lincoln County,” “Maxwell Land Grant,” and “The Fabulous Frontier,” all from Sunstone Press.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $24.65. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.