Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Restructuring Activities Ebook
An Integrated Approach to Process, Tools, Cases, and Solutions
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Restructuring Activities is unique in that it is the most current, comprehensive, and cutting-edge text on M&A and corporate restructuring available. It is current in that it includes many of the most up-to-date and notable deals (e.g., Facebook’s takeover of WhatsApp, the Dell privatization, and Verizon’s mega buyout of Vodafone’s share of Verizon Wireless), precedent setting judicial decisions (e.g., efforts to overturn defenses at Airgas and Sotheby’s), new regulations (e.g., expediting backend mergers), trends (e.g., increasing role of activist investors in takeovers), and new tactics (e.g., two-tiered poison pill) employed in M&As. Most integrative case studies are new for this edition and involve transactions that have been announced or completed since 2013. It is _ comprehensive_ in that nearly all aspects of M&As and corporate restructuring are explored. It is cutting edge in that conclusions and insights are anchored by the most recent academic research, with references to more than 200 empirical studies published in leading peer-reviewed journals just since 2012. And the substantially updated content is illustrated with numerous practical exhibits, case studies involving diverse transactions, easy-to-understand numerical examples, and hundreds of discussion questions and practice exercises.
The highlights of the new edition are listed here:
· New Chapters : Two new chapters: Chapter 9 and 14. Chapter 9 discusses the basics of applying financial modeling methods to firm valuation and assists the reader in understanding the power (and limitations) of models in analyzing real world situation. Chapter 14 illustrates how complex financial models often are used to support the deal structuring process during M&A negotiations.
· New Cases: Ninety percent of the nearly forty case studies are new and involve transactions announced or completed during the last three years. These cases represent friendly, hostile, highly leveraged, and cross-border deals in ten different industries, involving public and private firms as well as firms experiencing financial distress. All end of chapter case studies begin with a “Key Objectives” section indicating what the student should learn from the case study and include discussion questions and solutions available in the online instructors’ manual.
· Latest Research: This edition focuses on the most recent and relevant academic studies, some of which contain surprising insights changing the way we view this subject matter. Recent research has significant implications for academicians, students, M&A practitioners, and government policy makers shedding new light on current developments and trends in the ever-changing mergers and acquisitions market. The market for corporate control and corporate restructuring strategies are constantly changing, reflecting the ongoing globalization of both product and capital markets, accelerating technological change, escalating industry consolidation, changing regulatory practices, and intensifying cross-border competition. While continuing to be relevant, empirical research covering the dynamics of the M&A markets of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s may be less germane in explaining current undercurrents and future trends.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $99.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.