Metabolic Basis of Detoxication: Metabolism of Functional Groups Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Metabolic Basis of Detoxication: Metabolism of Functional Groups considers the possible fates of the relatively circumscribed number of functional groups that xenobiotics bear. An understanding of the possible reactions, and the chemical and biological factors influencing them, will contribute to the overall predictability of the fate of “real” molecules. This approach attempts to knit together the understanding of metabolic pathways with that of the enzymes that catalyze the specific steps.
The book contains 18 chapters and begins with a discussion of the biological oxidation of carbon atoms. This is followed by separate chapters on the metabolism of halogenated aliphatic hydrocarbons, aryl halides, heterocyclic rings, alcohols, aldehydes, and ketones. Subsequent chapters cover oxidative processes such as metabolic dealkylations and biological oxidation at nitrogen centers; the reduction of nitro and azo compounds and tertiary amine N-oxides; the oxidation, alkylation, acylation, and glycosylation of mercaptans; epoxide metabolism; and conjugation of phenols.
The book aims to inform and interest the pharmacologist and toxicologist concerning the biochemical aspects and to orient the biochemist to the pharmacological insights required in dealing with the metabolism of xenobiotics.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $72.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.