Mississippi Weather and Climate Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
From Hurricane Katrina to the Mississippi River floods of 1927 and 2011, and from a high temperature of 115 degrees Fahrenheit to a low of -19, Mississippi has seen its share of weather extremes. In fact, Mississippi’s rainfall can be described in terms of “feast or famine.” Even during the feast years, the rain may come at the wrong time for farmers to plant crops or in unwanted quantities. The Pearl River flood of 1979 is an example of too much rain falling over a short period of time with disastrous consequences. Mississippi Weather and Climate explores some of the reasons behind these extremes.The book begins with a look at the factors that shape Mississippi’s climate and then moves into a discussion of normal weather conditions. Three chapters take a closer look at some of Mississippi’s most dramatic weather. Historical events including the Candlestick Park tornado, Hurricanes Camille and Katrina, and the ice storms of 1994 and 1998 are described in more detail. The book details Mississippi’s past climate as well as its projected climate and explores what the future may hold for residents of the state. Finally, the last two chapters reveal how the weather and climate affect people, from the way homes were built in Mississippi’s early days and the types of plants that thrive or die here to the way weather information is collected and reported in the form of a local TV weather forecast. Mississippi Weather and Climate is a fascinating look at the science behind the weather and how natural events affect the people and land in the Magnolia State.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $24.50. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.