Modeling & Simulation-Based Data Engineering Ebook
Introducing Pragmatics into Ontologies for Net-Centric Information Exchange
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: August 2007
File Size: 2891 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Data Engineering has become a necessary and critical activity for business, engineering, and scientific organizations as the move to service oriented architecture and web services moves into full swing. Notably, the US Department of Defense is mandating that all of its agencies and contractors assume a defining presence on the Net-centric Global Information Grid. This book provides the first practical approach to data engineering and modeling, which supports interoperabililty with consumers of the data in a service- oriented architectures (SOAs). Although XML (eXtensible Modeling Language) is the lingua franca for such interoperability, it is not sufficient on its own. The approach in this book addresses critical objectives such as creating a single representation for multiple applications, designing models capable of supporting dynamic processes, and harmonizing legacy data models for web-based co-existence. The approach is based on the System Entity Structure (SES) which is a well-defined structure, methodology, and practical tool with all of the functionality of UML (Unified Modeling Language) and few of the drawbacks. The SES originated in the formal representation of hierarchical simulation models. So it provides an axiomatic formalism that enables automating the development of XML dtds and schemas, composition and decomposition of large data models, and analysis of commonality among structures.
Zeigler and Hammond include a range of features to benefit their readers. Natural language, graphical and XML forms of SES specification are employed to allow mapping of legacy meta-data. Real world examples and case studies provide insight into data engineering and test evaluation in various application domains. Comparative information is provided on concepts of ontologies, modeling and simulation, introductory linguistic background, and support options enable programmers to work with advanced tools in the area. The website of the Arizona Center for Integrative Modeling and Simulation, co-founded by Zeigler in 2001, provides links to downloadable software to accompany the book.
- The only practical guide to integrating XML and web services in data engineering
- Introduces linguistic levels of interoperability for effective information exchange
- Covers the interoperability standards mandated by national and international agencies
- Complements Zeigler’s classic THEORY OF MODELING AND SIMULATION
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $103.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.