Molecular Basis of Bacterial Pathogenesis Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Molecular Basis of Bacterial Pathogenesis focuses on the molecular mechanism of disease associated with bacterial pathogens. Topics covered include the population genetics of bacterial pathogenesis; environmental modulation of gene expression in gram-negative pathogens; and bacterial invasion and intracellular growth. Bacterial toxins are also discussed.
This volume is comprised of 20 chapters and begins with an overview of pathogenesis, paying particular attention to common elements and genetic mechanisms of regulation. The discovery that many bacterial pathogens are clonal, with individual clones often having a greater virulence than others, is then considered. The next section deals with the regulation of synthesis of surface components and their role in colonization of the host and/or evasion of the host immune defense systems; antigenic variation and its role in evasion of the host immune response; and the role of iron acquisition systems in the colonization of the host. Subsequent chapters explore the invasion and intracellular growth of facultative and obligate intracellular parasites. The last section is devoted to studies on the role of bacterial toxic products in pathogenesis. Bacterial lipopolysaccharides (endotoxins) and exotoxins are described.
This book should be of interest to molecular biologists, physiologists, clinical specialists, pathologists, and geneticists.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $72.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.