More Celtic Fairy Tales Ebook
Publication Date: November 2009
File Size: 30967 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
In this volume Joseph Jacobs has proceeded on much the same lines as those which he laid down in compiling “Celtic Fairy Tales”. In making his selection he attempted to select the tales common both to Erin and Alba. He included, as specimen of the Irish medieval hero tales, one of the three sorrowful tales of Erin: “The Tale of the Children of Lir.” For the “drolls”, or “comic relief”, of the volume, he drew upon the inexhaustible Kennedy and the great J. F. Campbell, who still stands out as the most prominent figure in the history of the Celtic Fairy Tale. Taking four years to complete, Jacobs attempted to do what the brothers Grimm did for Germany, so far as that was possible. In Jacob’s own words “The Celtic materials are so rich that it would tax the resources of a whole clan of Grimms to exhaust the field”. In this volume you will find 20 Celtic tales of Jack the Cunning Thief, Paddy o’Kelly and the Weasel, the Dream of Owen O’Mulready, The Farmer of Liddesdale, The Greek Princess and the Young Gardener, Elidore, the Ridere of Riddles and more. In Jacobs’ own words, “The Celts went forth to battle, but they always fell. Yet the captive Celt has enslaved his captor in the realm of imagination.” In an attempt to give a library of the Celts’ wealthy imagination to his readers, Jacobs has attempted to begin the readers’ captivity with the earliest recordings of these tales. And captivate he does-More Celtic Fairy Tales not only preserves a cultural history, but is also richly entertaining. We invite you to curl up with this unique sliver of Celtic folklore not seen in print for over a century; immerse yourself in the tales and fables not told in homes for many a year. A percentage of the profit from the sale of this book will be donated to the Prince’s Trust for their work with the youth across the United Kingdom.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $3.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.