My Lady of Cleves: A Novel of Henry VIII and Anne of Cleves Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
“Turns A BRILLIANT LIGHT on one of the lustiest and one of the most dramatic periods of English history.” - Philadelphia Inquirer
My Lady of Cleves tells the mesmerizing story of Anne of Cleves , fourth wife of Henry VIII , one of the rare women who matched wits successfully with the fiery king and lived to tell the tale .
Aware of the disastrous consequences of not bearing an heir, Anne of Cleves bravely took on the duty of weathering the Tudor King’s temper and won the hearts of his subjects in the process.
Written by world-renowned historical novelist Margaret Campbell Barnes, My Lady of Cleves gives readers an intimate portrait of the warm, unpretentious princess who never expected to become Queen of England and how she navigated * a world of high drama and courtly elegance. *
A refreshing historical fiction about infamous Tudor England , fans of Philippa Gregory , Anya Seton and Bernard Cornwell will delight in this tale of Henry’s fourth Queen, her secret love, her power-hungry husband, and the country that ruled them all.
Other books about the six wives of Henry VIII and the Tudors by Margaret Campbell Barnes:
Brief Gaudy Hour- a refreshing novel of Anne Boleyn, cast in a new light
The Tudor Rose – the richly drawn story of Elizabeth of York who united a kingdom and birthed a dynasty
King’s Fool – an insider account of the Tudor Court, told by Henry VIII’s one true friend
What readers are saying about My Lady Of Cleves:
“an interesting look into a woman that survived marriage to Henry VIII.”
“Anne outlives Catherine, Henry, and the painter Holbein… and in the end finds herself more loved than she had ever imagined .”
“I was completely amazed by this book. The richness that Barnes put into the characters was SPELLBINDING !”
" An outstanding, brilliant story that brings the perhaps least-remembered of the wives of Henry VIII to vibrant life ."
“one of the best Tudor-centered historical fiction novels I’ve ever read. "
“a FASCINATING , well written book”
“A fantastic novel that NO FAN OF TUDOR ENGLAND SHOULD MISS .”
What reviewers are saying about _ My Lady Of Cleves_ :
“Turns A BRILLIANT LIGHT on one of the lustiest and one of the most dramatic periods of English history.”- Philadelphia Inquirer
“At long last Anne of Cleves gets her day as a noble and highminded heroine in the lists of historical fiction!” – Chicago Tribune
“Barnes’ vision of Anne is so different from others I have encountered, it was like reading her story for the first time . This is the Anne of Cleves I choose to live in my memory.” – Books N Border Collies
" an appealing story of a woman who makes the best of a bad situation… it’s nice to see this novel in particular being reissued." – Reading, Ranting, and Raving
“I have to say that from the moment I read the inscription, I was hooked in this book… Anne is brought to life, and is portrayed as a capable woman…” -Historical Tapestry
What everyone is saying about Margaret Campbell Barnes:
“Margaret Campbell Barnes has added brilliant hues to a picture which never lacked in color.”- Vancouver (BC) Daily Province
" Immensely entertaining and absorbing ." – Chicago Tribune
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $14.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.