My Music Ebook
Explorations in the Application of 12 Tone Techniques to Jazz Composition and Improvisation
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: December 2002
File Size: 1900 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
Bruce Arnold, the New York-based guitarist-composer, educator, and author, has achieved a strikingly original sound by applying jazz improvisational techniques to late 20th century 12-tone compositional methods. His live performances and recordings with The Bruce Arnold Trio consist of adventurous explorations of this unexpectedly combustible sonic combination. This book takes an in depth look at the techniques he uses to derive his signature sound. Full scores of all compositions are included in the book. The Paperback edition contains an audio CD with all relevant compositions. The ebook edition supplies links to an on-line archive of fully downloadable audio examples in mp3 format. Bruce Arnold¹s music has been warmly received by the press: Jazziz Magazine wrote ³Finding an original spin in a world full of compositional cliches is no easy task, but guitarist Bruce Arnold takes an impressive shot on “Blue Eleven” his debut recording as a leader.² On ³A Few Dozen² the sound was New York downtown cool, with a banked, dry ice burn. Of this CD, the Los Angles Times said, “Arnold’s music never loses its contact with jazz and he deserves credit for his effort to expand the potential of the jazz palette.” On his most recent CD, “Give ’Em Some” Arnold lets loose with hard-hitting rock riffs, prompting the All Music Guide to write ³(This CD) demonstrates something Schoenberg and his followers couldn¹t have foreseen: that serialism has applications beyond the concert hall and may even be of use to a guitar power trio." In this book Bruce Arnold takes this highly complex subject, and in simple, clear language explains the methods used in his compositions.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.