My Pet Monster- A book about Worry Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
When adults are not comfortable talking about and facing uncomfortable feelings, such as anxiety, it is then difficult for their children to learn how to deal with these feelings constructively. “Bottled” emotions increase the risk of physical and emotional health problems. Some people turn to drugs and alcohol, comfort-eating, gambling or domestic violence. It also fractures relationships and families.
Vast amounts of research suggest that promoting resilience (such as constructive use of our uncomfortable feelings) reduces the risk of children later developing behavioural problems, being bullied or bullying others, having substance abuse, mental illness, suicide and school dropout. Resilience can also promote academic performance and can even improve treatment outcomes in adults with anxiety and depression.
Treating emotional and social problems when they have already developed is more difficult and costly than preventing it. We need to be instilling our children with skills early in life to prevent problems from happening.
The message is clear: Everyone will be confronted with life challenges and stress, no matter what age. Uncomfortable feelings are also normal. Once we accept this and can identify our feelings, we then have choices about how to deal with them constructively. This empowers children and families, reduces helplessness and brings hope. Resilience is a lifetime priceless gift we can teach our children with endless benefits.
All Dr Harmony’s books:-
Have “find the character” on each illustrated page;
Rhyme (research suggests rhyming books lead to advanced readers);
Have a fun activities section for children to emphasise the messages of each book;
Have an adults’ page provides tips to adults to help children to work through each feeling in real-life situations;
Are easy for children to relate to.
Get your children to draw their worried monsters and give them personalised names! Their monsters can then be referred in daily life whenever they feel angry. This reminds them about the strategies discussed in the book. The more frequently the concepts are used, eventually it is easier for children to independently problem-solve life challenges.
REVIEW by KIRKUS REVIEWS:
“A girl discovers that worry can be a good thing—as long as you don’t let it control you…Harmony introduces a rare concept for a children’s book: that Brave and Worry aren’t enemies, but a team: “Worry tries to keep me safe from harm, / But Brave will tell me when to truly listen to the alarm.”…the concepts here will be very familiar to young readers, and learning a coping mechanism to address one’s fears is valuable. Worry hides on every page of this book, even after Brave shows up, and his tentacles will be a delight for young readers to find. They also work as a metaphor: the tentacles never grab Sal in a frightening way, but the idea that worries can wrap themselves tightly around a person will be clear. Activities at the end of the book encourage children to draw their own version of the Worry monster, and a page for parents offers tips on how to comfort a child overtaken by worry…This volume… will likely be useful for school counselors who want to recommend titles to youngsters struggling with anxiety.”
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $2.12. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.