Newspaperman: Inside the News Business at The Wall Street Journal Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
The captivating story of former Wall Street Journal publisher Warren Phillips’s rise to the top
Newspaperman is at once a fascinating narrative of one man’s journey through the newspaper business and an expert analysis of how the news is made. Phillips shows what it’s like to be a reporter as history unfolds around him and reveals how editors and publishers debate and decide how the news will be covered.
Starting at the _ WSJ_ when it had a circulation of only 100,000, Phillips rose through the ranks, witnessing its rapid expansion to a circulation over two million-the country’s highest. Newspaperman illustrates the life of a foreign correspondent, taking readers from Berlin to Belgrade, Athens to Ankara, London to Madrid. It also provides a look into the inner councils of the Pulitzer Prize Board as legendary editors, such as Ben Bradlee of _ The Washington Post_ and Clayton Kirkpatrick of The Chicago Tribune , debate journalistic ethics.
Warren H. Phillips began his journalism career as a copy boy at The New York Herald Tribune . He then served The Wall Street Journal as proofreader, copydesk hand, rewriteman, foreign correspondent, foreign editor, and Chicago editor before becoming managing editor at age thirty. He served in that post and as executive editor for thirteen years, and then was the WSJ ’s publisher and chief executive of its parent company, Dow Jones & Company, for another fifteen years.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $30.60. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.