Non-Self-Adjoint Boundary Eigenvalue Problems Ebook
Publication Date: June 2003
File Size: 18999 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
This monograph provides a comprehensive treatment of expansion theorems for regular systems of first order differential equations and n
th order ordinary differential equations. th order differential equation is equivalent
In 10 chapters and one appendix, it provides a comprehensive treatment from abstract foundations to applications in physics and engineering. The focus is on non-self-adjoint problems. Bounded operators are associated to these problems, and Chapter 1 provides an in depth investigation of eigenfunctions and associated functions for bounded Fredholm valued operators in Banach spaces. Since every _ n_
to a first order system, the main techniques are developed for systems. Asymptotic fundamental
systems are derived for a large class of systems of differential equations. Together with boundary
conditions, which may depend polynomially on the eigenvalue parameter, this leads to the definition of Birkhoff and Stone regular eigenvalue problems. An effort is made to make the conditions relatively easy verifiable; this is illustrated with several applications in chapter 10.
The contour integral method and estimates of the resolvent are used to prove expansion theorems.
For Stone regular problems, not all functions are expandable, and again relatively easy verifiable
conditions are given, in terms of auxiliary boundary conditions, for functions to be expandable.
Chapter 10 deals exclusively with applications; in nine sections, various concrete problems such as
the Orr-Sommerfeld equation, control of multiple beams, and an example from meteorology are investigated.
• Expansion Theorems for Ordinary Differential Equations
• Discusses Applications to Problems from Physics and Engineering
• Thorough Investigation of Asymptotic Fundamental Matrices and Systems
• Provides a Comprehensive Treatment
• Uses the Contour Integral Method
• Represents the Problems as Bounded Operators
• Investigates Canonical Systems of Eigen- and Associated Vectors for Operator Functions
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $200.48. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.